Daniel E. Berndt
Dan maintains a practice focused on business law, providing legal services to limited liability companies, partnerships and corporations. He acts as general counsel to privately held businesses, with an emphasis on financing, mergers, acquisitions, and succession planning. He also advises clients on real estate development, taxation and corporate formation.
In the area of real estate, Dan represents sellers, purchasers and developers, including negotiation of leases, purchase or sale agreements, and tax-deferred exchanges. He represents lenders in commercial loan transactions. Dan also advises cooperatives in their general business and transactional matters.
Dan has served as president of the Rochester Chamber of Commerce, president of the Rochester Area Foundation, Rochester Area Economic Development, Olmsted Medical Center Foundation and numerous other organizations.
Mr. Berndt has been selected by his peers to Minnesota Super Lawyers®.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Estate Planning
- Community & Government
- Real Estate
- Minnesota, 1973
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1974
- U.S. Tax Court, 1984
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. - 1973
- Mankato State University, Mankato, Minnesota
- B.A. cum laude - 1968
- Rochester Junior College, Rochester, Minnesota
- A.A., Associate in Arts - 1966
Honors and Awards
- Minnesota Super Lawyer
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Olmsted County Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Chamber of Commerce
- Marquette Bank Rochester
- Rochester Chamber of Commerce, President
- Rochester Area Foundation, President
- Rochester Area Economic Development, President
- Olmsted Medical Center Foundation, President