Douglas A. Boese
Upon graduating from law school in 1980, Doug served in the U.S. Army JAG Corps as a trial attorney. He moved to Rochester MN and began working with the predecessor of Dunlap & Seeger in 1983. He has practiced as a trial attorney the entire time.
Certified by the Minnesota State Bar Association as a Civil Trial Specialist, Doug has taken over 150 cases to trial representing both injured parties and parties defending claims. The cases he has handled include personal injury, contract disputes, wrongful deaths, farm cases, insurance disputes, environmental issues and land and water disputes.
In 2008, Doug settled a case for a badly injured client for almost $4,000,000. That same year, he tried a case before a jury resulting in a verdict of over $500,000. More recently, he has worked as a mediator to help other attorneys settle their cases.
Doug has served the community of Rochester since moving here, coaching youth basketball teams for eight years and serving as president of an elementary school PTSA. He is a long-time member of the Downtown Kiwanis club, serving as president in 1997, and a member of Bethel Lutheran Church, serving as president of the church council. He was a board member and former board president of the Olmsted County Development Achievement Center (now PossAbilities of Southern Minnesota) which serves the needs of the profoundly disabled. During his term as board president of the Greater Rochester Advocates for Universities and Colleges, the University of Minnesota was persuaded to open a new campus in Rochester. Doug also served as Dunlap and Seeger's managing partner from 2000 through 2006. He currently serves on the Samaritan Bethany Foundation Board.
Doug has been selected to Minnesota Super Lawyers® for his work in business litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Community & Government
- Litigation (Trials & Appeals)
- 15% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Civil Trial Law, MSBA Board Certified Specialists
- U.S. Federal Courts
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- University of North Dakota School of Law, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- J.D. - 1980
- Law Review: University of North Dakota Law Review
- Concordia College, Moorhead, Minnesota
- B.A. cum laude - 1977
- Honors: Sports Hall of Fame
Honors and Awards
- Minnesota Super Lawyers, 2011 - 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Olmsted County Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member, 1980 - Present
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 1990 - Present
- Olmsted County Development Achievement Center, Board Member
- Olmsted County Development Achievement Center, Former Board President
Past Employment Positions
- US Army JAG Corps, Trial Attorney, 1980 - 1983
Pro Bono Activities
- Long-Time Member, Downtown Kiwanis Club
- President, Downtown Kiwanis Club, 1997
- Member, Bethel Lutheran Church
- President, Church Council