Gregory J. Griffiths
Greg represents businesses of all sizes, as well as non-profit corporations and local government entities on employment and labor law matters.
He has extensive experience with employment and labor law in both the private and public sector. Greg advises his clients in all aspects of employment law including hiring issues, compliance with state and federal law, employment contracts and severance agreements, discipline and discharge issues, and on the prevention of employment law claims. He routinely represents his clients in the litigation of employment claims in state and federal court, as well as in administrative agency actions including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Minnesota Department of Human Rights, the Department of Labor, and the National Labor Relations Board.
Outside the courtroom, Greg is involved with labor union contract negotiations and arbitrations and provides training to his clients on a variety of employment and human resource issues. Greg is also regularly called on by other attorneys to mediate employment related disputes and is a frequent speaker on a wide variety of employment and labor law issues.
In addition to his legal work, Greg has served on boards of directors for numerous non-profit and charitable organizations, and is active in the Rochester Area Chamber of Commerce.
Mr. Griffiths was appointed Dunlap & Seeger, P.A.'s managing partner January of 2010.
Areas of Practice
- Employment and Labor Law
- Business Law
- Community & Government
- Compliance with State and Federal Law
- Employment Contracts
- Severance Agreements
- Discipline and Discharge Issues
- 60% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Minnesota, 1987
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 1987
- St. Norbert College, De Pere, Wisconsin
- B.A. cum laude - 1984
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Olmsted County Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member