John C. Beatty
Born and raised in Rochester, John is a business lawyer concentrating on the firm's corporate, business planning, commercial real estate, complex business litigation, construction litigation and collections & creditors remedies practice groups. He represents a variety of clients in trials, both plaintiffs and defendants, including individuals, private and public companies, banks, software and IT developers, manufacturers, wholesalers, commercial developers, commercial & residential landlords, non-profits, municipalities and insurance companies. John's broad litigation experience translates into sensible and effective business planning for the firm's business clients.
Mr. Beatty also provides meaningful assistance to start-up entrepreneurs and rapidly growing companies in the areas of entity formation, general corporate services, business counseling, contract drafting & review, as well as fundraising. He handles claims involving enforcement of non-compete agreements, shareholder disputes, partnership disputes, unfair competition, trade secret protection, defamation, fraud and misrepresentation, deceptive trade practices, and other commercial contract disputes. Additionally, John represents homeowners and contractors engaged in construction defect claims, mechanic's liens and various other litigation matters in real estate law.
A graduate of the Leadership Greater Rochester program, John serves on the board of directors for Channel One, Inc., Child Care Resource and Referral, Inc., and the Rochester Senior Center Foundation. He is an active committee member for the Chamber's young professionals group, FUEL Rochester, and he volunteers for Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services and LegalCORPS.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Business Planning
- Real Estate
- Business Litigation
- Collections & Creditors Remedies
- Litigation (Trials & Appeals)
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. cum laude - 2004
- Law Review: University of St. Thomas Law Review, Editor, 2002 - 2004
- Law Journal: University of St. Thomas Law Journal, 2002 - 2004
- Northwestern University
- B.A. - 2001
Pro Bono Activities
- Board of Director, Channel One, Inc.
- Board of Director, Child Care Resource and Referral, Inc.
- Board of Director, Rochester Senior Center Foundation
- Volunteer, Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services and LegalCORPS