Kari C. Stonelake-Hopkins
Kari advises and assists clients in all estate planning matters, including the preparation of wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care directives, irrevocable tax planning trusts, and family business succession planning. She has substantial probate experience, including administering decedents’ estates and handling guardianship/conservatorship matters. In addition, she advises clients regarding the administration of trusts.
She also represents clients in disputes among family members, beneficiaries and fiduciaries, and professional advisers. While considering the emotional and personal implications for those involved, she assists clients in resolving estate and trust litigation disputes, including incapacity, mistake and undue influence claims, breach of fiduciary claims and will and trust construction matters.
Ms. Stonelake-Hopkins has successfully represented her clients in both trial and appellate courts.
Kari has served as a board member for Ronald McDonald House of Rochester board of trustees, Rochester Area Habitat for Humanity, PossAbilities of Southern Minnesota, and the Rochester Montessori School.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- North Dakota
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- University of North Dakota School of Law, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- J.D. - 1998
- Honors: With Distinction
- Honors: Order of Barristers, Selected 1998
- Law Review: North Dakota Law Review Board, 1997 - 1998
- Gonzaga University
- B.A. cum laude - 1995
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Olmsted County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Justice Carol Ronning Kapsner of the North Dakota Supreme Court, Law Clerk, 1998 - 1999
- Bismarck, North Dakota, Assistant Burleigh County State's Attorney, 1999 - 2000