Michael S. Dietz
Mike's practice focuses primarily on business law; acquiring, selling and forming businesses, and creditor's rights. He also represents individuals in connection with shareholder disputes and structuring the relationships between business owners. And he frequently represents non-profit corporations.
Mr. Dietz serves as legal advisor and counselor to clients engaged in a wide variety of activities from manufacturing to genetic licensing and from cooperatives and banks to minor league baseball. He has substantial experience in the formation and restructuring of corporations, limited liability companies, and other business entities. In addition, Mike assists clients with cooperative projects between businesses, including joint ventures and strategic alliances.
Mike has a degree in accounting which serves his business clients well in their planning and transactions. He was editor of the North Dakota Law Review and a judicial law clerk for the United States Bankruptcy Court. He was appointed as a bankruptcy trustee by the United States Department of Justice in 1991 and remains a trustee at the present time.
In addition, he is a board member of the Olmsted Medical Center and has been involved in the Greater Rochester Area University Center.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Bankruptcy Law
- Community & Government
- Creditors Remedies
- Selling and Forming Businesses
- Creditor's Rights
- North Dakota, 1987
- Minnesota, 1988
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of North Dakota, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- University of North Dakota School of Law, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- J.D. - 1987
- Honors: With Distinction
- Law Review: North Dakota Law Review, Editor, 1986 - 1987
- University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- B.B.A. - 1984
- Character Evidence: Footprints in the Civil Snow, 62 North Dakota Law Review 539, 1986
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Olmsted County Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- US Bankruptcy Court, Judicial Law Clerk, 1987 - 1989
- US Dept. of Justice, Bankruptcy Trustee, 1991 - Present
- Delta Theta Phi