Paul W. Bucher
A Zumbrota native and lifelong resident of Southeastern Minnesota, Paul has extensive experience in general commercial law. He advises clients on a wide range of business and real estate transactions, commercial and agricultural leases, tax-free exchanges, bankruptcy, estate planning, tax planning and agricultural law.
His experience includes all types of bankruptcy proceedings (including 7, 11, 12 & 13) for businesses and individuals, as well as non-bankruptcy workouts and tax matters. He has also represented commercial banks, credit unions and other lenders in connection with loan workouts, bankruptcy debt restructurings and corporate reorganizations.
Paul has been selected as a Leading Minnesota Attorney for his work in bankruptcy and workouts as well as agricultural and natural resources law. Fewer than 6% of Minnesota attorneys have received this designation. In addition, Paul has been appointed as a chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee by the United States Department of Justice and he has been designated as an SBA 504 Closing Attorney by the United States Small Business Administration.
Paul has served as president of Resurrection and Life Evangelical Lutheran Church and Youth Employment Project. He has also been a member of the Rochester Zoning Board of Appeals and has served on the board of directors of Eastwood Bank, Rochester Area Economic Development, PossAbilities of Southern Minnesota, and The Reading Center.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Bankruptcy Law
- Estate Planning
- General Commercial Law
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Federal Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. cum laude - 1980
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- B.A. - 1976
- Rochester Community College, Rochester, Minnesota
- A.A. - 1974
Honors and Awards
- Leading Minnesota Attorney
- United States Department of Justice Bankruptcy Trustee
- Designated SBA 504 Closing Attorney
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Eastwood Bank, Board of Directors
- Olmsted County Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Member, Rochester Zoning Board of Appeals
- President and Elder, Resurrection and Life Evangelical Lutheran Church
- President and Board Member, Youth Employment Project Inc.
- Board of Directors, Rochester Area Economic Development Inc.
- Board of Directors, PossAbilities of Southern Minnesota
- Board of Directors, The Reading Center