Thomas W. Jacobson
Tom's areas of practice are real estate, banking, business, and estate planning. Certified as a Real Property Law Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association, he handles real estate closings for sellers, buyers, banks and mortgage companies. He also provides title insurance, title opinions, and the documents necessary to complete the closings.
In the area of business planning, Tom helps clients determine the choice of legal entity (i.e. corporation, LLC, sole proprietorship, etc.) for their business. In addition, he works with CPAs and other professionals to help clients with issues that may arise in their business.
In the banking area, he has advised bank personnel on a variety of issues including collections, internal operations, real estate, and more.
In the area of estate planning, Mr. Jacobson helps clients with wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care declarations, etc. His approach is to listen to clients to find out what they want to do with their property and help them accomplish their goals.
Tom is a member of the Greater Rochester Rotary Club and the Southeast Minnesota Realtors Association.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate Law
- Powers of Attorney
- Health Care Declarations
Certified Legal Specialties
- Real Estate Law, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Real Property Law, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Iowa, 1981
- Minnesota, 1987
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1987
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa
- J.D. - 1981
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- B.A. cum laude - 1978
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Olmsted County Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Iowa State Bar Association, Member
- Greater Rochester Rotary Club, Member
- Southeast Minnesota Realtors Association, Member