Melissa, a native of Rochester, has always had a passion for the law. She strongly believes that communication can further a client’s understanding of their own legal issues. Clients feel comfortable working with Melissa, often finding her approachable and easy to confide in, which is imperative when dealing with sensitive legal issues.
Melissa advises and assists clients with wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, gifting, taxation, and medical assistance planning. She assists fiduciaries with estate and trust administration. She also helps families with guardianships, conservatorships, and supplemental and special needs trusts.
Melissa is actively involved in the Rochester community. While her family keeps her busy, she also finds time to serve on the Board of Directors for Families First and is the Vice President of the Honors Choir Board of Directors. Melissa previously served on the Samaritan Bethany Board of Directors for nine years and also served as Treasurer of the Olmsted County Bar Association for eight years.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Revocable Trusts
- Medical Assistance Planning
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Special Needs Trusts
- William Mitchell College of Law, St Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2004
- Carleton College
- B.A. - 2001
- Major: Economics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Olmsted County Bar Association, Past Treasurer, 2007 to 2015
- Rochester Estate Planning Council, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Olmsted County Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- President, Samaritan Bethany, Inc. Board of Directors
- Director, Families First of Minnesota
- Assistant Class Agent and Reunion Committee Chair, Carleton College