While majoring in religious studies and history during his undergraduate career, Paul’s father suggested he look into law school. Paul is glad he did as he now enjoys legal work which keeps him intellectually challenged and aiming to find a creative solution to a problem. The work is rarely boring and he appreciates meeting new clients and getting to know them.
Paul finds that attorney-client relationships require him to be a good listener but also know how to steer clients to relevant issues in their cases. He is a big believer in copying clients on as much correspondence as possible so they know what’s going on and what work has been done on their behalf.
Currently, Paul focuses on bankruptcy as a Trustee and on behalf of creditors and debtors. This has allowed him to see all three sides of the process and makes him an efficient advocate in any capacity. Paul also works with banks for replevins and foreclosures, some estate planning, and business law.
His broad base of knowledge allows him to quickly spot issues in his client’s cases, a skill which he considers crucial for attorneys.
Outside of the firm, Paul is currently serving on the Board of Elders for Resurrection and Life and F& M Community Bank. He has previously served on Eastwood Bend, RAEDI, the Reading Center, Possibilities, and the Rochester Zoning Board of Appeals. He enjoys golf and reading history, biographies, thrillers and travel books.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Bankruptcy Law
- Estate Planning
- General Commercial Law
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Federal Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. - 1980
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- B.A. - 1976
- Rochester Community College, Rochester, Minnesota
- A.A. - 1974
Honors and Awards
- Leading Minnesota Attorney
- United States Department of Justice Bankruptcy Trustee
- Designated SBA 504 Closing Attorney
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Eastwood Bank, Board of Directors
- Olmsted County Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Member, Rochester Zoning Board of Appeals
- President and Elder, Resurrection and Life Evangelical Lutheran Church
- President and Board Member, Youth Employment Project Inc.
- Board of Directors, Rochester Area Economic Development Inc.
- Board of Directors, PossAbilities of Southern Minnesota
- Board of Directors, The Reading Center