Robert has over 20 years of litigation experience representing businesses, insurance carriers, and individuals in matters involving personal injury, wrongful death, premises liability, and insurance coverage matters. He also has substantial experience in construction, contract, business and real estate disputes.
Mr. Benner has successfully represented his clients in both trial and appellate courts.
In addition, he is a member of the Ronald McDonald House Board of Directors and serves as a board member of the Rochester Youth Hockey Association. He has previously served on the Bear Creek Services board and the Minnesota Citizens Council advisory board.
Robert has been selected to Minnesota Super Lawyers® for his work in litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Litigation (Trials & Appeals)
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- Insurance Coverage Matters
- Business and Real Estate Disputes
- North Dakota
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court District of North Dakota
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Minnesota
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court North Dakota
- University of North Dakota School of Law, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- J.D. - 1992
- University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- B.B.A. - 1989
- Major: Financial management
Honors and Awards
- Minnesota Super Lawyer
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rochester Youth Hockey Association, Board Member
- Bear Creek Services Board
- Minnesota Citizens Council Advisory Board
- Sigma Chi